UABCA was founded in January 2018 by a passionate group of graduate students. The group was established to be a vehicle for blockchain and cryptocurrency education, events, projects, and collaborations.
UABCA core members actively meet at least bi-weekly to discuss group development, and for ‘Token Club’ (a crypto themed version of journal club).
Some of UABCA’s goals for 2018 include:
- Reach at least 50 members.
- Establish collaborative relationships with crypto clubs at other universities in Canada and the United States.
- Establish at least two sponsor relationships
- Hold at least 5 formal events, including public educational seminars
- Connect with established experts who can speak to UABCA
- Develop and maintain an informative and valuable newsletter
Longer term goals (in development still) include:
- Reach 150 members
- Establish a curriculum for students to learn how to develop blockchain technology (possibly in partnership with other groups)
- Successfully manage and grow a cryptocurrency fund, to provide financial capital for the group.
- Establish mutually beneficial faculty relationships
- Host 10 events per year, with >50 attendees at each
- Funding gold members to attend blockchain conferences to further develop knowledge that can be recirculated back to all members
All UABCA asks of its member is that they:
- Have a genuine interest in blockchain and cryptographic technologies
- Make an effort to learn more about blockchain, by taking some of the available, free courses
- Strive to contribute to the groups committees, projects and/or events ·